Recently I wrote about the questions leaders could and should be asking about their organizations as they plan for the New Year.
Now let’s focus on the questions you as a leader could and should be asking yourself:
1. What were the biggest lessons of the past year?
2. What evidence do I have of growth in my personal and professional life?
3. What do I need to change? What are the top three things I need to: start doing, do consistently, stop doing or do differently?
4. What are the greatest threats for my future success and what can I do now to avoid or minimize them?
5. Am I clear on my purpose and values?
6. Do I regularly experience fulfillment and meaning in my life?
7. How much time do I spend thinking each day?
8. Am I taking good care of my important relationships?
9. Do I consistently do those things I’m best at and enjoy doing?
10. Do I understand and benefit from the difference between activity and accomplishment?
11. What are my four biggest personal goals for the coming year?
12. What can I do to maintain or improve my physical health?
13. Am I giving adequate attention to the spiritual dimension of my life?
14. Do I still desire to lead?