1. Do what you need to do now so you will eventually get to do what you want to do later.
2. Discipline is the ability to get things done regardless of how you feel about doing them.
3. Passion only pays off when channeled into productive effort.
4. Others may believe in you, help you and support you but ultimately nobody will do it for you. You are responsible for your own life.
5. If you don’t do your job any differently than anybody else who does it, you won’t get paid more than anybody else.
6. More often than not, you succeed in spite of not because of your circumstances.
7. If you think a little better and work a little harder you will always accomplish more than others.
8. If you can’t control it, get over it.
9. If you don’t appreciate where you are at, you won’t appreciate where you are going.
10. Get clear on what really matters to you and then get busy pursuing it.
If you want more insights into how to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary, go to here for information about my latest book Fred 2.0: New Ideas on How to Keep Delivering Extraordinary Results.
10 rock-solid points Mark! I especially like #5. Expected, status quo performance results in an expected, status quo paycheck.