Over the years I’ve used the following self-assessment to help leaders and high performers grow and improve. The questions are based on five simple words but the answers, arrived at thoughtfully, can provide great insight. I’ve spent hours with participants discussing these as a group, but you can make time to consider. I encourage you to write down your answers.
1. Know What do you know? What are you most confident and certain about? If you had to share the most important lessons you’ve learned with someone you are mentoring, what would you tell them?
2. Sow What do you sow (actions and investments) that create the biggest payoff? What are you regularly doing that creates the most success and fulfillment for you?
3. Tow Are there things you tow–baggage from the past–that you need to let go of? What do you need to quit, release or overcome in your life?
4. Grow How do you grow? What is your program for ongoing personal and professional development?
5. Owe Who do you owe? Make a phone call or write a letter to express gratitude to those who have counseled and encouraged you in your journey.